Ignite18 of Marvely Mismatched was kind enough to nominate me for the Free Spirit Award!
★あ(^-^) り(-^ ) が( ) と( ^-) う＼(^0^)/★
The only rule for this award is that you have to write a post about whatever topic the person who nominated you gave.
My topic is “things you love the most”.
Things I Love:
Well, in case you can’t tell, one of the things I love is manga (and anime)! I’ve been a fan for a good 15 years now. What started as picking up comics turned into a…pastime? Lifestyle? Obsession? Passion? Whatever it is, I do not plan on stopping! (Although my anime time has been usurped by other things…)
How big is my collection? Heh heh. I’ll be revealing more of my collection in a future post, but feel free to take a guess. I will say it’s not enough! There’s so much more I want!
What else do I love? Here they are in no particular order:
- Shopping. I’ve always loved getting a good deal, but it’s only been the last couple years I’ve added couponing into the mix. Whether online or in a B&M store, I I love scoring big bargains. Some people wonder how I accumulate so much stuff, but it’s easy when you get things for cheap.
- My family. You might have read about my Washington, but I can’t forget to mention Buddy. He was my first best friend and passed away November 28, 2008. He was a lab, and I still miss him very much. I also love my parents who have always been cool with my interests.
- Video games. I mainly play for the story, so JRPGs and visual novels are my favorite genres. I haven’t had the time or energy to play the long JRPGs recently, but I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things. I have quite a backlog, and I’ve accepted the fact I’ll never clear it. Some games will remain in my stash as more of a collector’s item rather than as a game to play. Like many gamers, it started with Final Fantasy VII, but my recent love of visual novels (specifically otome games) really started with Hakuoki.
- Disney movies, especially the ones from the Disney Renaissance.
- Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation. Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Disney shorts–the creators packed so much content into seven minutes.
- Hello Kitty. She’s so cute.
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It has quite a bit of action in it.
- Judge Judy. If only all judges could scold idiots and jerks…
- I also like watching “trashy” shows like Jerry Springer and Maury. You ARE the father! You ARE NOT the father!
- Any cute or cool stuffed animals or toys that catch my eye. I think the Monster High dolls are cool, and those adorable Shopkins keep calling me.
- Penguins. I blame Goldfish Warning! for this.
- Technology. Computers, cell phones, TVs–there’s so many advancements every day! Of course, surfing the Internet is my favorite activity. But I’d be upgrading my stuff all the time if I was super rich.
- Learning. I find it very important to keep up with the news and world around us, but, of course, I love learning Japanese!
- Stuffed animals. I love having something to hug and squeeze.
As you can see, I love a lot of stuff! And that’s probably not everything!
If you choose to accept, your topic is karma. Write about whether you believe in it or not, something ironic that happened thanks to karma, your favorite show or book that had karma as one of its main themes, karma versus justice, whatever. I’m looking forward to your responses.
This post may contain reviews of free products. I may earn compensation if you use my links or referral codes. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy here.