The Fullmetal Narcissist nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award!
- Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
- Nominate some of your fellow bloggers.
- Comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
Why I Started Blogging
Well, basically, when you have well over 2,000 manga in your possession, you start thinking, “Maybe I should do something with all of them…”
I know there’s a lot of review blogs and sites, so I wanted to do something a little different and review groups of volumes. I have a bit of manga OCD, so it’s not like I’m going to skip volumes in a series because they’re not as good. Likewise, how do you grade some single volumes or episodes of a series? If it’s a setup, should you rate it low because not much happened? I don’t know. For me, I’d rather know if I should invest my time in the series rather than squabbling over whether I should purchase volume seven or watch episode three.
In addition, is a rating of five out of ten average or terrible? Nobody can agree. So that’s why I decided to avoid quantitative ratings and stick to qualitative ones.
The deals portion comes from me being
a cheapskate thrifty. Why spend $9.99 on one volume when you can get two for $11.98, or sometimes even less? It amazes me how often people overpay, so I want to help my fellow fans save money. The more we buy, the more we support the industry.
- Keep a backup/emergency post or two for when you get really busy but don’t want your blog to languish without any updates.
- If you’re not enjoying what you’re writing, then don’t force yourself. Work on it a bit at time.
- Have a search box, and make it easy to find on your page.
- Remember that your blog will have growth spurts. Just keep enjoying blogging, and you’d be surprised what post will suddenly attract a lot of attention.