I’m starting a new segment: diaries! Read more about it below!
Like it or not, some titles have reached the point where reviews are pointless. If you haven’t developed an interest in some of these 20, 30, 50+ volume series by now, I’m not going to be able to convince you otherwise. Perhaps it’s something almost everyone has seen. Or perhaps I just want to revisit an old favorite.
So instead, I’ll be doing something a little different from my regular reviews, posting my thoughts and observations on each volume or episodes of these AAA series. Join me on my reading journey for laughs, tears, and facepalms.
The titles I choose are based upon any or all of these criteria (as determined by me):
- Popularity. I’m only going to do diaries for well-known, AAA titles.
- Length. Again, either you have no interest, are waiting for omnibuses, or, if you’re already a fan, you can judge for yourself when the series jumps the shark.
- Well-known spoilers and major story shifts. Sasuke leaves Konoha, Aerith dies, “Luke, I am your father”, etc. I’m not going to dance around these revelations.
- Availability. Are some major hits worth tracking down if they’re out of print? Or, for very long series, is it worth the investment?
- My view. It may be a series I really love or a series I tend to dislike, but I already have a bias.
I’ll post the reason(s) why on each introduction. So the order for a typical diaries series is this post –> introduction –> pre-read thoughts –> diaries –> final thoughts.
But the most important part is that these will be filled with spoilers.
Some diaries may be more review-like, others may just be me venting. They will vary. Longer series will probably just have a couple of paragraphs or something per volume, but shorter/mid-length series will have lots of comments accompanied by page number. It just depends on what I feel like doing.
This is where I’ll post a link to each diaries’ series introduction.