So I just got the Platinum trophy for Kingdom Hearts III. I have a lot of things to say. But how should I say them? I usually try to be spoiler-free or spoiler-light in my reviews, but how much should I reveal? What is a good balance between talking about the game and keeping it open for different audiences? Some people may not have played a Kingdom Hearts game before while others have played through all of them multiple times. I thought about using spoiler tags and headings, those aren’t always perfect. I mean, I got spoiled even though I was avoiding spoilers. Thanks a lot, jerks who decide to plaster ending images on their YouTube page.
Then it came to me. This is Kingdom Hearts III. Why not three reviews?
Okay, I say three reviews, but that’s a bit of a misnomer. Think of this as one review with a bunch of spoiler tags. They may not be exactly the same, but obviously my overall thoughts will be similar. I don’t expect everyone to read all three. Rather, please choose the one that best fits your comfort level.
Beginner Mode (aka spoiler-free review)
- You’ve never played a KH game.
- You’ve casually played one or two KH games a while back.
- You just don’t want to be spoiled.
Standard Mode (aka minor spoilers review)
- You’ve played several of the KH games.
- You are playing KH3 or plan to in the near future.
- You’ve watched the later or final trailers.
Proud Mode (aka spoileriffic review)
- You’ve finished KH3, including seeing the secret ending.
- You don’t care if the ending or anything else is spoiled.
- You just want to freely talk about the game.
One post will go live over the next three days. So, I hope to see you in at least one of the posts!
This post may contain reviews of free products or news featuring products which gave me bonuses. I may earn compensation if you use my links or referral codes. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy here.