San Diego Comic-Con is over, and a few new manga licenses were announced, including a major shoujo classic.
Shounen – Romance, action, comedy, harem
11 Volumes (complete)
Out of print
Kagetora, one of the best ninja in his village, is summoned to Tokyo train the heir to a dojo. Yuki is a smart, kind girl but also a klutz. Training her will be difficult, but Kagetora has a bigger problem: he’s fallen in love with Yuki! And a ninja should never fall in love with his master…
Anime Reviewer Girl of Shay-Shay’s Anime Blog was kind enough to nominate me for a Sunshine Award.
Thank you very much, Anime Reviewer Girl!! ﾟ･:,｡★＼(^-^ )♪ありがと♪( ^-^)/★,｡･:･ﾟ
If you have been nominated for The Sunshine Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Sunshine Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few other bloggers.
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
5. Notify the bloggers on their blog.
6. Put the award button on your blog.
Questions from Anime Reviewer Girl:
1. Is there an anime you wish didn’t exist?
I love The Powerpuff Girls, but I did not care for Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z. It took away so much of what made the original show good and unique and made it a bland magical girl tale. They should have just made it a new property instead of a spinoff.
2. What anime character do you think would be your rival?
I don’t know why, but I think it might be fun to be the rival of the Cat’s Eye team from Cat’s Eye.
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
I think I’d like to be a battle mage like Negi from Negima. So I guess the ability to use magic?
4. What is your favorite movie?
I love Beauty and the Beast and Sailor Moon R: The Movie. The first is a beautiful animated classic, and the latter is all the strengths of the series wrapped up in one gorgeous movie with an epic theme song.
5. Dub or Sub?
I’m a sub person, but I’m not one of those “all dubs are horrible” people. There are dubs that match or surpass the original Japanese.
6. Read or write?
7. Who is your current anime crush?
Kotobuki Reiji from Uta no Prince-sama and Okita Souji from Hakuoki. That’s not completely a coincidence.
8. What is your favorite Dessert?
I love Hershey’s sundae pies. Absolutely delicious! They’re better at Burger King, though. The temperature is just perfect, and I can’t get the Edward’s Pie versions to have that balance between softness and coldness.
1. What manga, anime, or TV series would you like to see have a remake?
2. If you became a magical girl/guy, what would be your speech/catchphrase?
3. What’s something really cool or interesting you own?
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji LOVE Revolutions
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Revolutions
Shoujo – Romance, comedy, reverse harem, musical
13 Episodes (complete)
While working as ST☆RISH’s composer, Shining Saotome gives Haruka a new job: write a song for QUARTET NIGHT to compete to be the opening act in an international sports event. ST☆RISH, however, can’t help but be envious of their senpai…
Matthew of Matt-in-the-Hat was kind enough to nominate me for the Real Neat Blog Award.
Thank you very much, Matt! ﾟ･:,｡★＼(^-^ )♪ありがと♪( ^-^)/★,｡･:･ﾟ
1. Put the award logo in your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog).
Questions from Matt:
1. What inspired you to become a blogger?
I have so much manga that I figured I might as well make them serve some purpose, and I wanted a place where I could voice my thoughts. Plus I’ve gotten into couponing and deal shopping thanks to various sites and blogs, and better deals = more money saved = more manga.
2. What is your favorite season (Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter)?
I’d say summer. Although the last couple of summers have basically been like spring and fall…
3. What is your favorite Disney Movie?
Beauty and the Beast. Humor, music, character development, and a great villain all wrapped up in a beautiful presentation.
4. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Final Fantasy VII. But I would have been right on the borderline of child and teen at the time, so if you go by strictly “child”, then it was probably a tie between Pac-Man for Atari and Family Feud for Commodore 64.
5. What is your favorite type of music?
Pop/light pop (both English and Japanese). Although classic rock is good as well.
6. Would you consider yourself a Marvel fan or DC comics fan?
Hmmm, I was never much into either. When I was younger, I was big into the Archie comics, though. But if push came to shove, probably DC.
7. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I’d have to say Betty White. Loved her as Rose in The Golden Girls, she was funny in Match Game, hilarious as Elka in Hot in Cleveland, and she’s still going strong. Plus she’s so passionate about animals.
1. What recent news from the entertainment and/or pop culture world (TV, movies, video games, books, etc.) has got you excited?
2. If you opened your own personal theater, what would be the first movie you’d play on your new big screen?
3. What is (or was) your favorite board game?
4. Cats or dogs?
5. If you could set up a teleporter from your house to anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
6. Name a Disney song that fits your life.
7. Pick a book or book series and briefly explain why it’s so good.
Anime Expo was this weekend, and the manga publishers delivered a whole slew of announcements. Let’s take a look!
So half of 2015 is gone. (Whoa.) So let’s take a quick look back and another look forward! (more…)
蝶よ花よ (Chou yo Hana yo)
Josei – Romance, comedy, smut
8 Volumes (complete)
Although they were once rich, Choko’s family is now working class. She gets a job as an office worker, but her boss, Masayuki, is strict with her and even sexually harassed her at the interview. Choko eventually realizes Domoto was once her family’s servant, and now she must handle both his boss side and servant side…
Noragami: Stray God
Shounen – Supernatural, drama, comedy, action, romance
5 Volumes (ongoing)
Hiyori tries to save a boy from an oncoming bus. She survives, but now her spirit randomly separates from her body! The “boy” from the accident is Yato, an unknown god who will take on any job in hopes of having his own shrine. Hiyori hires Yato to help her, but he’s busy looking for a spirit to become his new weapon.
Shoujo – Romance, comedy
17 Volumes (complete)
Risa is the tallest girl in class, and Ôtani is the shortest guy. The whole school sees them as nothing but a comedy duo. But despite their complexes about their height, they just want to fall in love. When they both develop crushes in summer school, they agree help each other. Will things work out for the two of them?